New toys in the gym




The new shipment of kettlebells have arrived (finally!) after the hiccups due to electricity rationing imposed by the Chinese government because of the recent Olympics and shipping delays caused a month long lag in the system.






Inside the crates, I ordered some Indian clubs of varying weights. Some call these Powerclubs or similar names and they are very interesting tools. In fact I was exposed to these a little before I found out about kettlebells and they share similar circular movements, both building grip strength, upper body and cardio.

We have done a couple of classes with the clubs and they provided a great, sweaty workout. New blisters, new techniques to learn which has revitalized the interest in working out (hard) again. New toys always have that effect on me.

Unfortunately, I don't plan on selling them but keep them for my personal training so I won't be entertaining any such requests.

Also, in light of this I've registered a new local URL: www.kettlebells.my which will lead you to my kettlebell website at KDT Athletics.com.

The site has been slightly tweaked to show the current kettlebell stock and prices. As always stock is limited and I'd like to keep my clients happy with the highest quality gear. Even the Mark II series are great this time and I'm very pleased with the quality as I'm sure you'll be too.

Swing by the gym and check them out. They're moving out fast!

Comments

Rizan said…
those indian clubs look like WW2 bombshells!
Vince Choo said…
Don't worry Riz. I know heavy steel worries you but see what they have done for Bert's neck, balance and grip. Maybe you can also try and improve yours so by the time baby shows up you'll be ready to carry him/her all over KL and USJ
Albert said…
Yeah Riz, working with KBs has been great for my BJJ. If you can spare the time I really recommend you come to the Tues KB class, right before jits. The results are well worth it imho!

And Vince, what happened to the other pic? Pink shirt not in fashion anymore? :(
Vince Choo said…
I wanted this picture instead.

Popular Posts