YouTube channel

I had dabbled uploading some YouTube videos when it emerged, back when we still had to use dial up modems. It took forever but it worked. 


During the lockdown I had time to learn a bit more and improve on some shooting, editing and publishing skills. Not wanting to be a full time YouTuber since most of them report that they don't get paid as much as urban legends report (USD$millions) without a studio, high end camera equipment, story boarding and editors, etc. I'm just a one-man show.

While arguably it can be done, working on my niche, finding collaborators and sponsors, etc. will only take time away from what I really do enjoy doing, coaching BJJ and being on the mats.

If you've never uploaded your own (acceptable by today's standards) YT video with Intro, content, Outro, music, graphics, editing, shot transitions, learning how to edit video and audio, etc. you get the point... but it's time consuming. Sometimes mid-recording, things fall over and break, things go missing, you forget to record segments or accidentally delete things and have to re-shoot the video, etc. All done solo. While it's a beneficial, skill-building endeavor, embellishing my resume (if mine was still relevant), that I have a YouTube channel, I personally don't see this as a means for me to rely on for a steady income. Not without a million subscribers at least.


One of my earlier (kettlebell) videos managed to hit 780k+ views. It attracted some negative comments (of course! it's on YouTube, the cousin to Twitter)

Well, I still have all the video assets and will add more content from time to time when something interesting pops up and I want to share it. Click on the picture to take a look if you haven't already. And remember to click on the Subscribe, Like and Share to help the channel grow (the YT algorithm thingy)


Get your VCBJJ technical BJJ rashguard here

Comments

Popular Posts