Thinking thoughts

I'm at a point of my training that I'm comfortable being able to drill certain aspects of my stand up game in my gym.



This allows for a lot of development, focusing on performance and using every training opportunity to experiment and improve. Of course I am not expecting huge leaps of technical improvement. Personally, I know it takes a lot of conscious effort to galvanize the techniques being practiced and making them into unconscious decisive techniques opposed to more opportunity and serendipitous strikes/ defenses.

Naturally I experience my share of frustrations, lack of understanding on how to set up certain punches, footwork, and angles (it's always the angles)... but I soldier on knowing that one day I'll get it all together in a smooth, seamless flow where I'm in a Zen-like state.

On an unrelated topic, I'm looking forwards to Rodney's visit next month as well as meeting and training with the other CM trainers from the region. I think this may be one of the largest CM events I've ever hosted and hope everything goes smoothly.

Sadly to say a few CMDers from the gym can't attend this year, even though I made it very clear that attendance is mandatory. What will the consequences be for withdrawing at the last moment I wonder....?

As a result I may have one or two spots left in the seminar and I still expect about 25-30 people on the mats then. If you are a CM student from any of the regional gyms please consider coming to KL's seminar as the material and exposure level will not be repeated in the other training locations : CMD, Monkey Jits, MMA material will be presented! Can't wait.

Comments

Popular Posts