The new boys

I've been using Twins Special gloves for a few years now, and they are great for what they do, lots of padding but after using my current pair for 3 years now, I've reluctantly decided to semi-retire them for a couple of reasons, one being that the center seam on the palm has split and there is a somewhat sharp edge which could cut or scratch my training partner, and secondly the sweatiness that has accumulated over 4-5 days of regular sweatage has made it even difficult for me to wear them (as the smell of sweat-marinated hands can last for a deadly few hours even after a thorough clean and shower).

So in comes my supplier with these new boys.



These are pretty awesome. Snug fit leather gloves made in a pro-boxing style with the all important breathable fabric palm and perforated thumb for additional heat and humidity breathability. It has a longer cuff that stretches midway down my forearm, at least 2 inches longer than the cuff on the Twins Special. This additional cuff forces me to keep my wrists straighter and has strangely improved my TES and CM structure as well as helping to align my arm a bit more. I like!

The King Professional is a lot more compact for a 12oz and has an overall sleeker profile than the Twins which is chunkier and bulkier in comparison. The Twins Specials are Muay Thai gloves while the King Professional is a Pro Boxing style.

You'll see me rocking them for the next couple of years no doubt (well, until they wear out or stink out)

Comments

Charles Wong said…
Nice, just when I was thinking of a new pair. How much ah?
Albert said…
Those look vaguely familiar, eh? ;)
Weng Hon said…
I'm also glad you changed your gloves.. :)

Popular Posts