Rodney King CMD seminar 2009

High calibre CMD seminar at KDT Academy with Rodney King


It was another inspiring, motivating, and technically fun seminar presented by CMD's Rodney King in KDT Academy. This marks Rodney's second visit to our shores and so we keep feeding him with great food and Puma shopping :)

Fun aside (and there were lots) I am confident in saying that everyone who attended told me that they had a great time, learned a boat load of tools to improve their game as well as the opportunity to see how it's supposed to be done!

It was great to see old friends and to make new ones, and as the CMD family grows world wide it is very cool to see that people are drawn to the CMD because of its honesty, functionality and philosophy.


I was very happy to have met James Woodfield-Jones, CMD Trainer Australia (W.A.), a super nice guy with fantastic stand up and ground game. James is the first Australian CMD Trainer and has a great attitude to match his technical skills. Really sharp and switched-on guy!


I'm always happy to see my old friend Adam Kayoom, CMD Trainer Thailand, and we need not be reminded of his athletic accomplishments as he is already a legend in the gym and a great guy with a fantastic sense of humour.

Both James and Adam were promoted this year to full Trainer and are fantastic ambassadors of CMD in the region. I'm really happy for them and I'm sure they're also really buzzed about the recognition and responsibility that comes with this.

Participation numbers this year was great, all in-house CMDers with regional CMD trainers, TnT coming from Jakarta, Singapore, Perth, Kuching, Bangkok and as usual the club culture, attitude and vibe was what makes this seminar successful!




Kudo's to Mike Gong, Adrian Tan, Patrick Pincon and Charles Wong on being promoted to CMD Blue and I am really happy that Rodney made this announcement.

I also wanted to extend my congratulations to Yuri (Indonesia CMD) on his Monkey Jits Purple belt!
and Rodney awarded a purple stripe for yours truly :) which was fantastic for me! I know Yuri couldn't be happier, and I'm also really happy about that, after all it has been 9 years since he's been at Blue belt which explains his solid Jits game.

Overall the past four days has been a blast, learning a load of CMD techniques and getting the all important feedback from top-notch training partners. I'm already looking towards next year's seminars and we're working on a surprise! Stay tuned!

Photos from the seminar are available in the CMD Member's Forums. Not a registered member yet? Sign up at your local CMD gym or get instant access online

Comments

Popular Posts